A well designed work environment can support productivity, inspire creativity or encourage teamwork. Whether you’re replacing outdated fixtures and furniture or rearranging to accommodate your growing business, I will incorporate your brand into highly functional, long lasting designs that truly work for your business.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Programming and Due Diligence Studies
- Design Development
- Finish Selections and Specifications
- FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment) Specification,
Bidding, and Installation
- Construction Documents
- Project Management
Commercial Design Process
- Program – I begin the design process by collecting as much information as possible. I will interview everyone involved in making decisions about the project and will even speak with your architect and any other consultants you might have in place. I will then thoroughly assess the existing space, taking measurements and photographs, and we will discuss what does and doesn’t work. All these details will help establish the scope of work so we can set a realistic budget and timeline.
- Design and Develop – At least 2 concepts (complete with layout, color scheme, materials and finishes) will be presented with drawings and material samples. I will walk you through the reasoning behind all my selections and spatial plans. Once a concept and all of its elements have been agreed upon, I will update, detail and finalize all drawings and specifications and present the final plans for your approval before beginning the bidding process.
- Implement – I will collect and present actual pricing from vendors and contractors. Typically we will have bids from several different companies to review. I will guide you through the process of selecting the best providers for your project. We will also revisit the budget to make sure we’re on track and to prioritize allocation of funds, if necessary.
- Manage – I will place orders for materials, schedule construction and workmanship, track shipments and deliveries, coordinate and supervise installation, maintain communication with all parties, address any issues that may arise and provide you with updates along the way. It is my goal to keep your project on budget and on time.
- Project Completion – During a final walk through I will take note of anything needing attention and we will discuss care and maintenance required to keep your new space looking and functioning like new for years to come.